engine wire harness question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > engine wire harness question

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearUCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, Yu

Unread 06-25-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
Zorm
1983 FSJ Cherokee 

engine wire harness question

picked up this harness to swap in a stroker 4.6 in my 83 Cherokee but trying to find out what year this is from. This pic is the alternator wiring I think.

But the alternator that came with all this wiring does not look like it will connect to this wiring.

if any one has a pic of how I connect this to the alternator that would be great

Zorm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
Zorm
1983 FSJ Cherokee 

no one?
Unread 06-29-2013, 08:01 PM   #3
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

There are at least 3 types of alternators for XJ Cherokee. This pic shows the 1991-1999 type that fits the wire harness you have.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #4
Zorm
1983 FSJ Cherokee 

thanks CJ-7Tim, do we know of any type of up-grade for this alt? Right now I just need to get one but if I can get a higher output one now, I would rather do that.

thanks again.
Unread 07-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #5
Timo_90xj
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Location: Helsinki, Finland - on the European side of the Atlantic
ZJs used a bigger alternator, there are 136amp and 150 amp versions. Needs a little bit of modifications to the alternator bracket on the XJ but wiring is plug & play. Search for a write-up, there are at least a couple of them on the XJ section..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/d...s-etc-1222317/

1990 XJ Limited (4-door), 4.0 I6, AW4, NP242, ***rolled and totalled @ 165k miles***

***Under construction***
1990 XJ (4-door), 4.0 I6, AW4, NP242, PBR 42" tires, Unimog 404 portal axles, 110" WB, full cage + uniframe completely rebuilt, front 3-link + panhard / double triangulated 4-link rear,... ***SOLD***
Timo_90xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.