Engine Removal from a 2000 Cherokee Sport - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Engine Removal from a 2000 Cherokee Sport

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 08-11-2013, 11:40 PM   #16
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltesian View Post
Nice, I prize anyone's ability to pull of something using nothing but basic tools and there mind. Yes. It does help to have the proper tools for the task at hand, but there's always usually an alternative. Might require more work, but it will do the job.

I really like the idea of someone working on things themselves and not relying on other people especially when it comes to something we depend on alot, which Is why I bought a jeep. Again, lol.

I actually made it a goal of mind to just learn as much as I can about maintaining a jeep Cherokee, I want to avoid,bills, asking for rides everyday to work, having to call and see whats going on, and worst of all going back time and time because its not fixed....that sucks *** my-friends.
The more maintenance you do, the less your chances are of being stranded. Sure things happen, and mechanical parts failing are not always avoidable. One big thing with XJs is the cooling system. Change your coolant every other year and you will be in good shape. The Cherokee cooling system is just barely enough to keep the engine cool. This means there isn't any room for neglect, which often leaves people stranded on the side of the road during an overheat.

Fluids are the lifeblood of your vehicle. Keep fluids in good condition, as well as wear items such as brakes, tires, etc, and you will be in good shape.

My 0331 Head Swap How-To Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/0...hread-1371398/

Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1119997/
jeepkid03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 07:49 PM   #17
1CleanTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltesian View Post
Nice, I prize anyone's ability to pull of something using nothing but basic tools and there mind. Yes. It does help to have the proper tools for the task at hand, but there's always usually an alternative. Might require more work, but it will do the job.

I really like the idea of someone working on things themselves and not relying on other people especially when it comes to something we depend on alot, which Is why I bought a jeep. Again, lol.

I actually made it a goal of mind to just learn as much as I can about maintaining a jeep Cherokee, I want to avoid,bills, asking for rides everyday to work, having to call and see whats going on, and worst of all going back time and time because its not fixed....that sucks *** my-friends.
between all the forums and google, you tube videos etc theres plenty of ways to see how to fix it / diagnose it yourself usually. like tonight , my 93 civic stalled out on me in the driveway. it would crank but no restart. i googled "civic stalled no start" and after reading a few forums and following some basic checks it lead to a ICM failing once it gets hot. sure enough thats what the problem was. if i didnt know how to fix it i would have to pay $100 for a tow, $50-100 for a diagnose , labor rate to install the part + mark-up on the part.
1CleanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.