Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

engine rebuild

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  CB89XJ 
#1 ·
Next Tuesday, I'm getting a complete rebuild of my engine. It's the 4.0 inline 6 cyl. I'm curious as to what modifications I can make to increase performance and extend the life of my motor. I've heard about a Teflon coating for the pistons and it's been suggested that I add another cam, but I have no idea what to do. Any ideas?

#2 ·
well here is a start if you want performance go to www.carparts.com Type in model make and year! it will then give you a complete run down on every performace, replacement and other parts made for your car! You will find tons of performance stuff for you engine!

GOOD LUCK

#6 ·
depends what year its out of but in general its about $1800 for the kit (comes with EVERYTHING you need to rebuild the engine) but you can get one to use with your current connecting rods for about $1400 but i recommend their c-rods... (www.accuratepower.com) the big-valve head is $1k but it also comes with everything... if youre doing a rebuild, this is the way to go. A rebuild in general is gonna be about $1200 so why not upgrade for another 1k? IMO, get a good machinist and go to town with the AP kit.

#8 ·
I put 40,000 miles a year, at least, on my Jeep. From what I hear, Strokers give you a hell of a lot more HP and torque, but they wear out pretty fast. Is this true?

#9 ·
I doubt it, as long as it's done right. It's not a supercharger or turbo or anything. Just good 'ole American muscle. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.