Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Engine rebuild

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  1091X 
#1 ·
Ok so I searched around and found a few places that sell them, does anyone know a decent place that sells them for cheap?

#2 ·
Are you looking for a kit or some type of crate engine. You need to be more specific as to what you are looking for, new rods and crank shaft or what???

And how many miles are on the engine that you need to rebuild it. Or is there a specific problem you are trying to fix?

#3 ·
Well I have rod knock That is as far as I know ( it happened today and I haven't had a mechanic look at it ), I am unclear with a rebuild kit considering this is my first car and I have no Idea what needs to be done on it.

Etc. I have 116k on there as of right now... Any idea if rebuilding it would be worth it or should I just get a swap in there?

#4 ·
Well I have rod knock That is as far as I know ( it happened today and I haven't had a mechanic look at it ), I am unclear with a rebuild kit considering this is my first car and I have no Idea what needs to be done on it.

Etc. I have 116k on there as of right now... Any idea if rebuilding it would be worth it or should I just get a swap in there?
It will be pricey to have a shop rebuild it. If you are doing it yourself its still not cheap. It all depends on what has to be done, take it to a shop and have them look at it.

New engines are very costly, You could search craigslists and things like that for people parting out cherokees and grab a working engine. But then those engines might have more miles then your does now, and still not run perfect.

A shop might just be able to fix the problem without a ful rebuild to save the cash.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.