Engine hesitates after towing old trailer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Engine hesitates after towing old trailer

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 07-02-2007, 10:35 AM   #1
mhjo
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Engine hesitates after towing old trailer

I barrowed an old trailer today, and after driving with it I noticed hesitation from the engine. later the engine just stopped (on the freeway!). It seed that there something wrong with fuel supply. I managed to get home by holding minimum 1500 rpm and using accelerator/brake pedal actively.

This same thing happened a while ago the last time I barrowed the. same trailer. However, this time the problem continued after I disconnected the trailer.

I tried to disconnect battery terminal for an hour in order to reset the computer, but I noticed little improvement.

What caused this, and how to I fix this isssue?

Unread 07-09-2007, 02:12 PM   #2
turtle13572

Not sure if it is the same, I found two problems after towing a 4k trailer. One, my fuel pressure regulator was leaking fuel, fixed with new orings and the second was a clogged cat. Dont think it would cause your motor to die but... Hope this helps -Turtle
turtle13572 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2007, 04:59 PM   #3
Green97Cherokee

How does it act with a new trailer and is it an auto or manual?
Green97Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.