Engine Compatibility - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Engine Compatibility

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 12-12-2011, 10:06 AM   #1
stinealbert
1989 MJ Comanche 

Engine Compatibility

I've been informed by auto scrapyards that Comanche and Cherokee are and can be compatible with parts from one another. I have a 1989 Comanche and a 1996 Grand Cherokee; my question is would it be possible to swap the engines from one to another if both have a straight 6- 4.0L? If so, what all needs to be swapped?

stinealbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 12:20 AM   #2
jeepjunkymike
1999 XJ Cherokee 

same long block,,,you will have to change the intake and all the other goodies
but it will bolt up just fine ,,,mine is a 95 and ended up putting an 89 motor in mine ,,only 65k,, no probs and been 2 yrs now
jeepjunkymike is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.