Engine Code: P1494 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Engine Code: P1494

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-04-2011, 07:42 PM   #16
jeffb1113
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I have that same code. To make sure I'm looking at the right vacuum hose, could someone please post a picture of it?

jeffb1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2011, 08:45 PM   #17
filluptrk
Web Wheeler
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I got a plastic 90 degree part and used straight hose on it. Works perfect.
filluptrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 05:15 PM   #18
PismoXJ99
1999 XJ Cherokee 

This code popped up on my dash the other day. My jeep was stalling randomly so I replaced that 90 degree elbow connector st the intake manifold and cleared the code. The light has stayed off but the jeep still stalls. everytime it stalls, I have to disconnect that connector, start the engine, then reconnect it. What effect does this vacuum line have on the engine and why is it still stalling because of it! I replaced the fuel filter thinking that was the problem at first. This is on my 2001 Jeep grand cherokee 4.0
PismoXJ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2011, 04:29 PM   #19
ALG

p1494

My 2001 cherokee had the same problem. Check engine light came on; code p1494. When I googled it, this forum was the first thing that came up. After finding out what the code meant, & the likely cause, the 1st things I checked were the vacuum line connections to the intake manifold. Sure enough, the front most vacuum line was off. The 90 degree elbow that connects the line to the manifold was dried out & stretched out. It cost $3.00 & took 10 minutes to replace. It's been fine since. Thank you very much!
ALG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2011, 05:41 PM   #20
jeffb1113
2001 XJ Cherokee 

That was what was wrong with my mine.
jeffb1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #21
Ramjo99WJ
1999 WJ 

So glad this info is here. Guess I will be tracing that hose.
Unread 07-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #22
Ramjo99WJ
1999 WJ 

Wow...here it is! You guys are GREAT!

Here you can see the hose and the place it goes.
Unread 09-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #23
pmurray

2001 XJ DTS Code P1497

Went to start my 2001 XJ Limited and it coughed, ran ruff, and the engine light cam on. I restarted and it ran fine. Code P1497 came up, I cleared it and the light stayed off for 2 days then came back. I found the Evap pump and traced the vacuum line back to the intake manifold, and found that the line had disconnected. However, the rubber elbow that connects the line to the intake manifold was getting old so I replaced all the rubber connectors on both ends. Solved my problem and it was a cheap repair.
pmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #24
bmzeke

Please help ASAP. I have a 2001 jeep wrangler I need to get smoged. Did not pass showing code P1494. After fail I noticed 90 vac live off, which I replaced. I also recently replaced battery prior to having it smoged. After fail, I had the smog guy clear codes hoping I could drive it for bit in hopes of computer re-learning or resetting itself. After 1 day appx 100 mi, scanner does not show P1494 but still has two blinking codes C & EV. I understand It will only pass smog with 1 blinking code. Can anyone tell me the fastest way to have jeep reset itself after battery replaced & codes cleared? Is it days, miles,??? Jeep dealer is too busy to see it, so im dealing with joe blow smog shop & he just keeps having me drive in circles..& need done asap
bmzeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 02:28 PM   #25
markmdz

same deal here, but haven't popped the hood to take a peek yet. Unfortunately the pics that were posted are broken now. Can someone repost a pic of the elbow?
markmdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #26
willbike4food

Hey guys, I just got a 2000 jeep cherokee a few weeks back, and I've got this same coding problem. I inspected the hoses and I can't find anything amiss. If any of you would be willing to take a quick pic of that 90 degree elbow you're talking about that would be great. I'm not sure if I'm looking at the same thing or not.
willbike4food is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #27
rizz

hey i have the same code pop up, i read through the thread but i want to know exactly what i need to replace. the vacuum? connector rubber piece?
rizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 09:06 PM   #28
brandonh98
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PismoXJ99 View Post
This code popped up on my dash the other day. My jeep was stalling randomly so I replaced that 90 degree elbow connector st the intake manifold and cleared the code. The light has stayed off but the jeep still stalls. everytime it stalls, I have to disconnect that connector, start the engine, then reconnect it. What effect does this vacuum line have on the engine and why is it still stalling because of it! I replaced the fuel filter thinking that was the problem at first. This is on my 2001 Jeep grand cherokee 4.0
So I'm having a very similar issue to this guy. Got the check engine light, got the P1494 code, found the elbow off at the intake manifold and put it back on, two days later it stalls going down the highway. Let it sit for about an hour and it will start again and get me about five miles down the road before stalling out again. I put a fuel pressure gauge on it and when it stalls out the fuel pressure is at about 30psi and dropping fast. I'm currently in the process of replacing the fuel pump and not having a fun time. I'll let ya know how I make out.

Thanks again Jeep Forum
brandonh98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 12:24 AM   #29
ReverendOD

Ive been getting this same code for the last week or so.... I read this and thought theres NO WAY its that simple and sure enough, rotted elbow and it was off the intake. Problem solved.
ReverendOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2014, 10:46 PM   #30
shadygator
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Can someone post a picture where this is located. Same issue.. THANKS!
shadygator is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.