Emission issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Emission issues

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 06-04-2011, 07:52 AM   #1
cmabolt
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Emission issues

Hello all, I have been having issues with two codes. 4055, 4032. I have decided to deal with them one at a time. I have replaced the converted and 02 sensor on the rear manifold, but 4032 code persists. Any ideas as to what it could be now.

As for the 4055, I plan on getting a smoke test and go from there.

Urggg. Any help would be much appreciated as I am trying to get through emissions test.

cmabolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #2
Saudade
1988 XJ Cherokee 

How did you pull those codes? Those are not normal OBD-II codes.
Saudade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 08:10 AM   #3
cmabolt
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I was abbreviating. I used a code puller. PO4055, PO4032
cmabolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 09:32 AM   #4
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

P0432 (M)1/2 Catalytic Converter Efficiency. Catalyst 2/1 efficiency below required level.

SYMPTOM
P0432 - 2/1 CATALYTIC CONVERTER EFFICIENCY

SET CONDITION
As catalyst efficiency deteriorates, the switch rate of the downstream O2 sensor approaches that of the upstream O2 sensor. If at any point during the test the switch ratio reaches a predetermined value a counter is incremented by one.

POSSIBLE CAUSES

-Exhaust leak
-Catalytic converter 2/1 faulty
-Upstream O2 sensor older than downstream O2 sensor
-engine misfire or running condition
-large vacuum leak
-engine oil leakage into exhaust-valve guide, seals, piston rings

P0455 (M) Evap Leak Monitor Large. Leak Detected A large leak has been detected in the evaporative system.

Buy a new gas tank cap. Check the hoses and fittings from the Evap solenoid and LDP for loose hoses/fittings or damage.
Also check for disconnected or damaged wires.

evap-wldp.jpg  

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
SpideYJeep
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Reviving old thread because I'd like to see what was the outcome of the smoke test as I just bought an '01 XJ which popped up the CEL and code a day after purchase.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJake View Post
My YJ is so excited it's leaking oil!
SpideYJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.