Electronic vs Thermal Flasher Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Electronic vs Thermal Flasher Question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 03-26-2008, 07:10 PM   #1
slik97zj
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Electronic vs Thermal Flasher Question

Couldn't find the correct answer from searching. My Blinker thermal flasher died. Went to Auto Zone and they were out of the exact replacement. So I purchased an Electronic one. Will it matter to use either or as a direct replacement?? Thanks

slik97zj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2008, 07:38 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

The electronic is actually better than the original style. If you tow a trailer or convert to LED's the original style flasher gets fooled into thinking you have a bulb burned out and it flashes super fast. The electronic one will work just fine.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2008, 11:54 PM   #3
slik97zj
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Actually I do tow a small 4x8 trailer. I never really thought about it till this happened. I understand now! Thanks.
Unread 03-27-2008, 05:21 PM   #4
slik97zj
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Installed it today and noticed no major diference, only louder. I think I'll just replace the hazards with one similar.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.