Electrical Issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Electrical Issues

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Unread 06-21-2009, 03:48 PM   #1
OleTomCat
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Electrical Issues

Howdy everyone,

I have an electrical problem with a '94 Cherokee.

I have a Haynes Manual and it looks like everything that is supplied off of the A5 splice is dead, does anyone know where this splice is located?

Thanks

OleTomCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2009, 04:07 PM   #2
Kettles
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Well, the FSM should help you, Ill send A link in a PM (i think I still have it). A5 should not be a splice though, splicers are S, connecters C, grounds G, but I don't know what A's are, I think they are just pin locations on a connector. The FSM has connecter, splice, and ground locations though.
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output Pictures Build Thread
The Rocket Sheep
"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." -General John Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
perfect depends on how far away you are when you look at it:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.
Kettles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2009, 07:22 PM   #3
Carl48
1995 YJ Wrangler 

A5 should be a battery feed circuit, not a splice. Could not find circuit A5 in Haynes or the FSM...please elaborate.
Carl48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2009, 08:11 PM   #4
Kettles
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl48 View Post
A5 should be a battery feed circuit, not a splice. Could not find circuit A5 in Haynes or the FSM...please elaborate.
Yes, I knew i saw A's in there somewhere. Yeah, atleast my 01 has no A5 other than in reference to fog lamps on a connector pin. But other than that I saw nothing in any diagrams. If that is what your referring to, then it would be much simpler to refer to them, and since you said "everything that is supplied off of the A5 splice is dead" I doubt it.

What all is "dead"?
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output Pictures Build Thread
The Rocket Sheep
"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." -General John Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
perfect depends on how far away you are when you look at it:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.
Kettles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2009, 08:13 PM   #5
DC4W-93XJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

whats the A5 do???
SEE THE BUILD HERE
DC4W-93XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2009, 06:19 PM   #6
OleTomCat
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Sorry for the long delay in replies, I gave this Jeep to my son and he was suppose to follow up on this...

A5 is in the Haynes electrical schematics and runs a lot of things, all of those are cutting out...
OleTomCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2009, 08:32 AM   #7
Mickey_D
1997 ZJ 

Ok, I think what everyone is asking you to supply is what is powered by this "A5"? There are people here that repair these Jeeps for a living that are not familiar with what an "A5" electrical connection is. Haynes are not Jeep Gods. Quite the contrary. If they don't know what something is on a vehicle they quite often will make **** up instead of actually doing research to find out what it is.

If you have a scanner, scan the page of the electrical diagram or the description of what you're having trouble with. PM me here for my e-mail address and I'll host the picture for you.
[_][][][][][][][][_]

Mickey_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.