Dynomax Super Turbo - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Dynomax Super Turbo

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-01-2005, 11:17 PM   #1
mrbill
1994 ZJ 

Dynomax Super Turbo

Just received and installed my Dynomax Super Turbo kit from Summit Racing. Took about 40 minutes to install (only had to use th BFH once!). Sounds good sitting in the driveway at idle. Unfortunately I won't be able to drive it 'til Saturday as I am leaving in the morning on a business trip for a few days. I'll post back after I road test it and report on power/mileage/sound changes.

89 Laredo 2-door, 4.0 I6, -RIP
mrbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2005, 11:19 PM   #2
Trippe
1997 XJ Cherokee 

nice..thats the cat-back that i want..looking forward to hearing the report..
GREEN JEEP CLUB MEMBER #130
Parrothead Jeeper Union Member #1
Trippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2005, 07:59 AM   #3
kenpbuck

I put that kit on a few months ago with a new cat. I like it pretty well. My concerns are: a rolled, not welded, muffler, and not quite as noisy as I would like. That said, I have not actually had any problems with the muffler and the sound level is decent. It is slightly louder than stock but you don't have to listen to any drone in the cab at highway speeds.
kenpbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2005, 08:06 AM   #4
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I have this catback system on my XJ and its a litlte louder than stock with a nice rumble but not loud enough for my taste.

I destroyed a superturbo on my TJ and switched to a ultraflow whick i plan on doing to the XJ also
Unread 11-02-2005, 09:55 AM   #5
twisted_ed

you should hear it without a cat... sounds pimp... and i too was converned about the rolled not welded thing... but with a lifetime warrenty you cant go wrong
NP242 Transfer case
Dana 30 front, 35 custom rear differentials

Mods:

RE 4.5" Lift
32x11.50 BFGoodRich M/T KM's
American Eagle 058 Polished Aluminum Wheels, 3.63" BS.
Grand Cherokee Rear Disc Brake setup
Custom Downpipe W/ Cat Removed.
Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler.
Surco Roof Rack

My Jeep
twisted_ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2005, 11:54 PM   #6
mrbill
1994 ZJ 

Well I took the rig on a 200 mile trip yesterday. It seems to have a bit more power on the hills, but I don't notice it much on level ground. The noise level is just what I wanted. It has more of a rumble at idle and during acceleration, but it doesn't drone or scream at high speed or sustained speed on the freeway. I was concerned about the seams being rolled so I did some research before I bought it. (search the forums!!!) I didn't find any problems to note so I ordered it. The fit of the pipe was spot-on. The only real problem I had was the rear clamp that holds the pipe to the rear hanger was rattling against the leafspring so I had to loosen it up and turn it a little...problem solved! So far it seems to be a good mod and I would do it again.

89 Laredo 2-door, 4.0 I6, -RIP
mrbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2005, 10:53 AM   #7
twisted_ed

rattling against the leaf spring.. hmm mabe thats my mystery noice.. have to check that out....
NP242 Transfer case
Dana 30 front, 35 custom rear differentials

Mods:

RE 4.5" Lift
32x11.50 BFGoodRich M/T KM's
American Eagle 058 Polished Aluminum Wheels, 3.63" BS.
Grand Cherokee Rear Disc Brake setup
Custom Downpipe W/ Cat Removed.
Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler.
Surco Roof Rack

My Jeep
twisted_ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2005, 02:01 PM   #8
balloo93
Little Red Menace

1993 XJ Cherokee 

I like mine. I did the cat back then the high flow cat and combined they are a nice match. The sound is exactly what I wanted. The price can't be beat and the fitment was spot on.

I get a nice burble when I get up to about 30 and left off the gas. Gets my neighbor's attetion, but doesn't piss them off like my flowmaster does on my truck.

Specs in Profile.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325707/1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2406854/1
balloo93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.