Dual battery with one battery in the rear. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Dual battery with one battery in the rear.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 11-24-2007, 06:40 PM   #1
Atticus1354

Dual battery with one battery in the rear.

I want to set up a dual battery system for my XJ. The reason is that I plan to have two front facing lights, two rear facing light, my radio and a CB. Not to mention if I have to use my winch.

So how should I go about wiring this up? I have read the writeups about it so I know the basics, but what should I do about them being so far from each other? Has anyone done this and have pictures? Should I just mount it in place of the air box like everyone else?

Atticus1354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2007, 06:53 PM   #2
bushytails

In place of the air box, or if you want it in the rear, use a pair of anderson plugs so you can remove it... and fuse, fuse, fuse! Keep in mind that you shouldn't use any type of battery that may produce hydrogen inside...

--Bushytails
bushytails is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2007, 11:36 PM   #3
Rescue XJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

use a gel battery in the back, and run 0 ga wire + to + post and - to - post. Then you can draw your stuff from a PDC in the cab, and the front lights can be powered under the hood.
4L HO Command track Dana 30 front Chrysler 8.25 rear CarQuest XD shocks, Federal Signal emergency stuff, MCX 1000 DES-XL, TK-940, Astro Spectra W3 encrypted, Magnaflow 18" body, Medical supplies, MREs, Gatoraid, Shovel, MagLite, body armor, grappling hook, annoying squeeking sound from my door, otherwise stock for now.
White Jeep Club Member #911
Code 3 Jeep Club Member #1
Eagle Scout Jeep Club Member #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx50cj3a
Vatozone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 Briarwood
I think "that look" is what they teach the chicks in 6th grade when they show them "that film" behind closed doors.
Rescue XJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.