Drivers Door Latch Picture? or Diagram? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Drivers Door Latch Picture? or Diagram?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-26-2005, 05:43 PM   #1
Scrub
2012 KK Liberty 

Drivers Door Latch Picture? or Diagram?

Ok well my drivers door doesnet open from the inside, only from the outside and its kind of a pain to hafta roll down the window everytime i need to get out.

The Problem is that the Linkage from the Handle to the latch wasent connected, and the little plastic clip was gone also, so i got another clip while i was at the jy, but i dident happen to look at which little arm the linkage connects too there are a few different ones.

Does anyone have any pictures of the latch with the linkage connected to it, im trying to not have too pull the passenger side door apart right now in the rain.

thanks
-Matt-

2012 Jeep KK Liberty Sport - Stock for now
Scrub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2005, 06:17 PM   #2
Islandroaddie96
1996 XJ Cherokee 

There are two rods and only two rods. The one for the lock button has the end that points upwards and the the door latch points downwards. They do cross each other in about the middle of the door panel, so keep that in mind. If the rod fell to the bottom of the door, you simply push it back up and you can feel it sorta pop back into the place it should be. There is no other trick to it. Put the rod through the hole on the door handle, and pop the clip back into place and you are done.

Good Luck,

Peter

GREEN JEEP CLUB MEMBER #74
Islandroaddie96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2005, 06:27 PM   #3
Scrub
2012 KK Liberty 

there are a few little places in there that it could hook onto, and the clip was just gone, and it did fall to the bottom, but i dont know which hole to intall the clip then the rod into.

Unread 01-26-2005, 06:51 PM   #4
Scrub
2012 KK Liberty 

ok i figured it out, the arm that the rod hooks too had fallen back right against the latch, and i couldent see it at the time that i was looking but i got it hooked up now, thanks for the help

-Matt-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.