DRB II scan tool - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > DRB II scan tool

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 05-01-2002, 07:41 PM   #1
juan

DRB II scan tool

Have any of you people have used a drbII scan tool?

I have the chilton repair manual and it says that in 1990 and earlier models this tool is needed to get the trouble codes from the ecu.

I cant find this tool in any place in the internet.

juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2002, 11:02 AM   #2
kbeckman

Try this:

<a href="http://www.zjilla.com/tech_codes.htm" target="_blank">http://www.zjilla.com/tech_codes.htm</a>

Prior to 1998 (I think) you can get the error codes as blink codes out of the "check Engine" light. I assume this works on a 1990 Jeep as well....
kbeckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2009, 03:47 PM   #3
Shandley
1990 MJ Comanche 

For those who are wondering, a 1990 Jeep will require a DRB-II. No amount of playing with the ignition ON-Off-ON-Off-ON will not get codes.

1991 started with the OBD-I

1984-1986 V6 can do the ignition thing to get the codes.
Unread 11-27-2009, 03:00 PM   #4
Blue XJ
1988 MJ Comanche 

I have a DRBII in my garage, you will also need the Jeep Eagle adapter for the DRBII in order to diagnose the 87-90 jeeps. There are no codes either, it only does live time data display.
Blue Jeep Club Member #72
| 4.6L Stroker | AW4 | 6.5" RK Long Arm Kit | 35" TruXus MT's | HP30, 4.56, ARB, Alloys, Lockouts | C8.25, 4.56, ARB, Alloy Shafts, Disk Brakes | Warn XD9000i | Interior Cage |
Blue XJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.