Drag Link Grease Fitting - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Drag Link Grease Fitting

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
407XJ
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Drag Link Grease Fitting

Hey everybody,
I've got a question about a piece I need to replace. A month or two ago I snapped my drag link off road so I had it welded up to get me home. A few days later I stop by the local U Pull N Pay and picked one up and replaced my broken one. In the process of switching them out, however, I busted open the grease boot around the stud connecting to the pitman arm which eventually leaked all the grease. My question is, can I just replace the rubber fitting or do I have to replace the whole end on the drag link?
Thanks a lot and sorry for rambling
Zac

Unread 07-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Just buy a new rubber or poly tie rod boot. A used one will work also.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 04:39 PM   #3
407XJ
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Alright, thanks a lot Tim... I also like your quotes a lot haha
407XJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.