Dorman mirror - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Dorman mirror

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-04-2014, 05:07 PM   #1
jimale
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Dorman mirror

Anyone ever try putting Dorman outside mirrors on their XJ ? I have a 1993 Cherokee Sport, the Dorman website insists the manual side view mirror #955-231 and 955-232 fit this vehicle.

It is a manual mirror, and mine previously had remote control so... do I neeeeed to replace with remote control ? I thought I could choose between manual, remote control, and power.

jimale is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2014, 05:28 AM   #2
jimale
1993 XJ Cherokee 

update: this model mirror is only for Wranglers (duh) although several websites have it listed as a Cherokee and Grand Cherokee mirror. Rock Auto corrected their website but I think others (caughamazoncough) still have them listed as fitting the Cherokee and G.Cherokee. They don't.

Unless you get some sheet metal screws and put them on the door...
jimale is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2014, 08:52 PM   #3
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Rock Auto has one. Its not as beefy as the original but does the job. Dont remember the price off hand but fairly cheap. It is a remote adjustable.

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2014, 07:30 AM   #4
Tru2Chevy

1992 XJ Cherokee 

I just swapped 97+ mirrors from a junkyard onto my '92 and didn't worry about keeping the adjustment. It's pretty rare that anyone besides me drives the Jeep, so it's not like they need to be readjusted regularly.

- Justin

1996 Cherokee Classic - 3.5" lift / 31.0x10.5 Mastercraft Courser CTs / Warn XD9000i - Stripped for parts / junked :(

2004 Grand Cherokee Laredo - 4.7, bone stock - Wife's DD

NJ F-Body Owners Association
Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.