Door won't unlock/lock w. keyless - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Door won't unlock/lock w. keyless

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 12-01-2012, 08:10 AM   #1
mhjo
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Door won't unlock/lock w. keyless

The drivers door wont unlock/lock with remote.

I can lock/unlock with key, but in it remains in last position when I push remote. It gives a "click" inside the door, but nothing happens. All other doors are fine.

What shall I do?

Unread 12-01-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
buildin1XJ
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Wil it lock or unlock with the electric switch inside the door?If not the rod that connects the lock actuator/motor has probably come loose.
buildin1XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #3
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Or the rods need to be tweaked to fit a little. I have the same problem in my '99. I cant lock the driver door with the electrics.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 10:12 AM   #4
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Clean and lubricate the lock cylinder, locking mechanism and door latch mechanism. Use Throttle Body cleaner and a light oil such BreakFree CLP gun oil.

If the problem remains after clean/lube, make sure the lock solenoid is getting full voltage and has a solid ground. As suggested also make sure the lock rods are properly installed and are correctly aligned.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.