door panel on 1999 cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > door panel on 1999 cherokee

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughOconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 03-23-2007, 06:50 PM   #1
jeep crazy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

door panel on 1999 cherokee

i want to upgrade the front speakers in my 1999 cherokee, does anyone know how to take the panel apart? or a link would be nice too.

thanks

jeep crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2007, 07:19 PM   #2
black2door
Web Wheeler

1994 XJ Cherokee 

It pretty self explanatory. If you have cranks, the crank is held on with a little U clip thing that needs to be pushed out with something, pretty easy. There are like 4 screws and a bunch of little clips around the edges that hold it on. Then the door handle and lock rods are there tose are kinda tricky, you have to push the clip off of them, take a good hard look at um and you'll figure it out. After that there should be some wire discos to disco. ( I just let the door panel hang on the wires) Thats about it. Hope you get it.

1994 Black XJ 2 door - 4.0 - Auto - Making a wheelin rig
Beefy steering - 33" Bighorns - 3" bastard lift - Welded rear

black2door is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2007, 12:35 PM   #3
jeep crazy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

i dont have cranks
jeep crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2007, 12:45 PM   #4
inogenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep crazy
i dont have cranks
Even easier then. There's about 4 screws, one right at the arm rest, and then located around the door panel. Unscrew, massage a bit, and it should pop off. Before yanking, disconnect the two quick connects for the electrical stuff.
inogenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2007, 07:19 PM   #5
gregmondro

5 screws and then you have to pull so that the plastic fasteners release (located around the door panel edges)

here's a pic, it's easy as pie. I just had to deal with this when my window regulator went out not too long ago.

99 Jeep XJ - NP231, SYE, 4.56's, Rear D44 w/ Detroit SoftLocker and a RockCrusher Diff Cover, 35x12.5 BFG A/Ts, RE 5.5" XD Lift, Skidrow TC Skid, ORT Rear Bumper + Carrier, Rigidco Front Winch Bumper + Steering Box Plate, Milemarker 8000 Winch, Rock Sliders, HD Currie Steering, Control Arm Skids, Goferit Tie Rod Flip Insert, Optima Red Top and a few other goodies...
FiveZeroFive
XJ 8.25 Rear End Disc Brake Conversion For Sale!
gregmondro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2007, 07:45 PM   #6
bcrmartin
2012 JK Wrangler 

easiest route

just take out the one screw in the corner by the mirror, then pull out the plastic tabs just in the speaker area and the bottom of the door. then if you have a short screwdriver you should easily be able to pull the speaker while you pry out the panel. then if you break a plastic tab, you can get more at advanced auto. thats how i did it and it worked just fine.
bcrmartin is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.