Door check pin - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Door check pin

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 05-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #1
Grippy
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Door check pin

It fell out of my door and I can't see how to get that arm pulled out of the door to put a new one back in. It doesn't want to pull out...do I have to just pull really hard? Thanks

img044.jpg  
Grippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
moses21
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippy View Post
It fell out of my door and I can't see how to get that arm pulled out of the door to put a new one back in. It doesn't want to pull out...do I have to just pull really hard? Thanks
Grab a hammer and take your anger out ha.
moses21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #3
habbyguy
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I'm sure if you pull hard enough, it's gotta come back out. But it's easy enough to get to if you pull your door panel off the inside (a five minute job).
habbyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #4
ECL
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Yep - it pulls out. Not easy but it does. I used Visegrips.
My passenger side pin got so loose it came out several times. Eventually I replaced it with a small bolt and a self locking nut.
ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 12:42 AM   #5
Muddy97Cherokee
1997 XJ Cherokee 

try prying it with a screw driver or something that's what i did, I think. It was that or I put a screw driver through the hole, walked around to the other side of the door, like outside of the jeep, and pulled the way the door goes. It is a pain to get it to move.

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/groups/295467847240084/"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Lime"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][FONT="Arial"]Oklahoma Unibody Jeepers[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[URL="http://okjeepers.com/"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Yellow"][FONT="Arial"]Oklahoma Jeepers[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

-Zack
Muddy97Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 01:36 AM   #6
BeepBeepGoJeep
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Depending how far it got pushed in you can be inside your vehicle and carefully put the new pin in with the door somewhat closed then open your door and it will pull it out, happened a few times to me when i go doorless.
Unread 05-03-2013, 10:06 AM   #7
diskman_1
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I use a large pair of 45 deg needle nose pliers when my pin gets lost.. Put one tip in the check arm and the other in the frame mount and open the door up wide while holding the pliers.

60% of the time.. It works every time...
diskman_1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.