Dome lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Dome lights

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-09-2007, 03:22 PM   #1
KellySimpson

Dome lights

I have a 91 cjerokee, I cant get my dome lights to turn off???? Help please ....

KellySimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2007, 03:30 PM   #2
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

pull the fuse....

-Kyle
XJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2007, 04:18 PM   #3
JeepFreak91

see if you headlight/dimmer switch is not on the "on" position for the interior lights
JeepFreak91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2007, 04:54 PM   #4
JohnnyEpic
1993 XJ Cherokee 

I had the same problem. I've been without my lights for several months now. If anyone else knows what is up with this, it'd be really helpful. I know it's not the door ajar sensors and the dimmer isn't turned on.
Recovery: Rock Lizard Rock Monitor Front Bumper | Drawtite Rear Hitch | Hi-Lift All Cast 48" | Hi-Lift Wheel Adapter
Lights: Four 6" Round 100 watt lights | Two rectangular backup lights | Two Hella 500FF lights on front bumper
Other: Surco 45x50 Sarari Rack | Tranny cooler | Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Seat Covers
Coming Soon: Detours USA Tailbone Tire-Carrier | AJ's Super Rock Rails
JohnnyEpic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2007, 04:57 PM   #5
TwoOne
1999 WJ 

Check the dome light triggers to make sure they aren't heavily rusted which could cause them to be on full time. Just pull them out one by one and inspect them, if you're still not finding the problem pull all of the triggers out and off of their wires, then go through one by one and replace them verifying that your dome lights turn on and off by them. That should probably cure your problem, but if those don't do it check the one in the rear hatch for the same symptoms.
Unread 05-09-2007, 07:36 PM   #6
JohnnyEpic
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Where's the rear hatch one. I have checked the doors and they're all ok. Nothing turns off the dome lights.
Recovery: Rock Lizard Rock Monitor Front Bumper | Drawtite Rear Hitch | Hi-Lift All Cast 48" | Hi-Lift Wheel Adapter
Lights: Four 6" Round 100 watt lights | Two rectangular backup lights | Two Hella 500FF lights on front bumper
Other: Surco 45x50 Sarari Rack | Tranny cooler | Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Seat Covers
Coming Soon: Detours USA Tailbone Tire-Carrier | AJ's Super Rock Rails
JohnnyEpic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2007, 10:43 PM   #7
TwoOne
1999 WJ 

Rear hatch is triggered by the locking mechanism, if you take your rear cover off the inside of the hatch and look in at the lock there are a couple of wires coming off of the top of the latch, might check to make sure neither has rusted and fallen off and is contacting the other or something like that. I had about the same problem with mine, one of mine rusted off and fell down and it was contacting the locking rod everytime I shut the hatch and blowing my dome light fuse.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.