Dome light/buzzer comes on while driving - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Dome light/buzzer comes on while driving

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-20-2014, 11:08 PM   #1
KTMrida4life
2002 WJ 

Dome light/buzzer comes on while driving

Background...

Jeep is a 91, front doors are from a 98 (one piece window), rear doors have been replaced, viper alarm installed, car has power locks (custom wiring, NOT factory) and has additional 1 wire pin switches hooked to the door pin switches. One under the hood, one for the hatch.

When the car is sitting still and off, everything works. Dome light is completely off, buzzer is quiet. Once the car is started, the buzzer and the dome light (and ones by my feet) usually come on about halfway while I am just sitting there idling. The buzzer doesnt sound quite right and the light is barely on but it is. If I open a door, the buzzer changes sound (gets louder) and the courtesy lights get obviously brighter.

While driving, if I take a left turn, the buzzer and the lights completely turn off. If Im braking, they turn off. If Im going straight, accelerating, crusing, or taking a right (everything else) they are on.

Help?

KTMrida4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 11:32 PM   #2
KTMrida4life
2002 WJ 

Alarm just went off in the middle of the night because of this issue...gahhhh this is soo annoying

Another thing, I dont think it would matter, but my ignition switch is sorta broke. It still works fine I guess, but I can pull the key out once its started.. and no, you cant turn it without the key. I made sure.

Gonna do some serious investigating on this tomorrow
Unread 01-21-2014, 10:52 AM   #3
KTMrida4life
2002 WJ 

Pulled the blue buzzer box and the lights are still on (but dim) with the car off. What the heck

Pulled all the door pin switches and checked them with no success, checked the additional one I added in the hatch... Then checked the one under the hood. It appears it was that one because I adjusted it and the issue has gone away.

For now.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.