Dome Light - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 02-20-2008, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Sanguinea

Dome Light

I have a 2000 classic jeep cherokee. Today after getting gas I noticed my dome and courtesy light were on and wouldn't go out. I checked all the doors and I didnt have a door ajar light. I had to disconnect the battery to get the things to go out. Does the jeep have a switch to the dome lights that I don't know about? What triggers make the dome lights come on (doors, trunk, other) that I could have overlooked or that could be defective. If its an electrical problem suggestions? Im not above pulling a fuse to getting the things to go out and stay out or smashing them with a hammer, but I want them out. Thanks

2000 XJ, 3'' lift/ 31" BFG AT/ DIY Winch Bumper/ DIY rockrails/ DIY roofrack/ DIY lightbar

90% driver, 10% Jeep..... I need a bigger Jeep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-20-2008, 07:41 PM
skyjacked94xj

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I dont know about the 97 and up xjs, but on my 96 there is a switch on the rear cargo light. If the switch is on, the lights will stay on all the time.... Check that out

DAILY DRIVER
1996 Cherokee Classic
4.0HO 5-SPEED! | 16x8 Rucicon Moabs | lowered 1" | clear corners | silverstars | custom waggy taillights | custom intake | Aem TB spacer | Dynomax cat-back | Bored TB | FirePower Ignition Kit

CLASSIC TOY
1968 Chevy C-10 short bed
Chevy 350 crate motor | 4-speed | fully restored | Lowered | 20" Centerline Daggers.. wayyy too much to list

Project
1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA
350 TPI | WS6 | 48k original miles | Flame Red Metallic

SOLD: 94 cherokee | Lifted | Locked
SOLD: 97 TJ | 33's | 4.56's | :(

Searching for an Ls-1 Rx-7 project....
post #3 of 5 Old 02-20-2008, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Sanguinea

There is a button there that I did not know about and I did load some large boxes in the trunk this morning. I just tried it, but it didnt turn them off.

2000 XJ, 3'' lift/ 31" BFG AT/ DIY Winch Bumper/ DIY rockrails/ DIY roofrack/ DIY lightbar

post #4 of 5 Old 02-20-2008, 07:59 PM
lost honda pro
1997 XJ Cherokee 

you sure the headlight switch isnt twisted?

you go dim to bright to constant on by turning CCW.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- -
- -
- -
- -
- -

HE15MAN
post #5 of 5 Old 02-20-2008, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Sanguinea

"you sure the headlight switch isnt twisted?"

That did it. Ive owned this jeep for two years and have never twisted it before. I figured it was a switch somewhere I didnt know about and would look stupid by asking. When I first bought the jeep it took me twenty minutes to find the "switch" to open the gas tank (I owned a toyota camery before the jeep). Thanks for the help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.