Dome Light - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Dome Light

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 02-20-2008, 07:38 PM   #1
Sanguinea

Dome Light

I have a 2000 classic jeep cherokee. Today after getting gas I noticed my dome and courtesy light were on and wouldn't go out. I checked all the doors and I didnt have a door ajar light. I had to disconnect the battery to get the things to go out. Does the jeep have a switch to the dome lights that I don't know about? What triggers make the dome lights come on (doors, trunk, other) that I could have overlooked or that could be defective. If its an electrical problem suggestions? Im not above pulling a fuse to getting the things to go out and stay out or smashing them with a hammer, but I want them out. Thanks

90% driver, 10% Jeep..... I need a bigger Jeep
Sanguinea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2008, 07:41 PM   #2
skyjacked94xj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I dont know about the 97 and up xjs, but on my 96 there is a switch on the rear cargo light. If the switch is on, the lights will stay on all the time.... Check that out

CLASSIC TOY
1968 Chevy C-10 short bed
Chevy 350 crate motor | 4-speed | fully restored | Lowered | 20" Centerline Daggers.. wayyy too much to list

Project
1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA
350 TPI | WS6 | 48k original miles | Flame Red Metallic

SOLD: 94 cherokee | Lifted | Locked
SOLD: 97 TJ | 33's | 4.56's | :(

Searching for an Ls-1 Rx-7 project....
skyjacked94xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2008, 07:49 PM   #3
Sanguinea

There is a button there that I did not know about and I did load some large boxes in the trunk this morning. I just tried it, but it didnt turn them off.

Unread 02-20-2008, 07:59 PM   #4
lost honda pro
1997 XJ Cherokee 

you sure the headlight switch isnt twisted?

you go dim to bright to constant on by turning CCW.
lost honda pro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2008, 08:06 PM   #5
Sanguinea

"you sure the headlight switch isnt twisted?"

That did it. Ive owned this jeep for two years and have never twisted it before. I figured it was a switch somewhere I didnt know about and would look stupid by asking. When I first bought the jeep it took me twenty minutes to find the "switch" to open the gas tank (I owned a toyota camery before the jeep). Thanks for the help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.