Do i need a sye kit with a 3 in lift? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Do i need a sye kit with a 3 in lift?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREE

Unread 03-29-2010, 03:32 PM   #1
whiteys_red_XJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Do i need a sye kit with a 3 in lift?

I have a 96 xj and im putting in a 3 in rustys lift and i would like to know if i need a Sye kit thanks

96 xj 3.5 rustys lift, 33x10.50x15 BFG MT, t case skid plate, front tow hooks, open front and rear diff, NP-242 T-Case 1 in drop, AW4 transmission, dana 30HP, chyrsler 8.25 stock gears, K&N drop in air filter, flowmaster 40 series, poweraid throtle body spacer
whiteys_red_XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #2
Wrenchands

1995 XJ Cherokee 

No. 3 inch is fine without a SYE.
Rhinolined entire Exterior black, and Herculined interior.
Axles: 5.13 gears. Dynatrac ProRock 44 with ARB up front, Rear XJ 44 with Detroit locker and disc conversion.
Steering: Currie Extreme and PSC Hydro-assist

Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2973108
Wrenchands is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2010, 03:37 PM   #3
whiteys_red_XJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

what about if i was to put 1 inch spacer in with the 3in lift?
96 xj 3.5 rustys lift, 33x10.50x15 BFG MT, t case skid plate, front tow hooks, open front and rear diff, NP-242 T-Case 1 in drop, AW4 transmission, dana 30HP, chyrsler 8.25 stock gears, K&N drop in air filter, flowmaster 40 series, poweraid throtle body spacer
whiteys_red_XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2010, 03:54 PM   #4
XGoBoomJ
1997 XJ Cherokee 

that would make it a 4" lift. every jeep is different, if you feel vibs might need to drop TC, if no vibes keep goin.

usually 4.5+
Unread 03-29-2010, 11:46 PM   #5
g26
2000 XJ Cherokee 

angle shims for your leafs if needed
g26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
3 in lift , 96 xj , rustys lift kit , sye kit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.