Dissapointed with Quadratec Leafsprings - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Dissapointed with Quadratec Leafsprings

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-19-2012, 06:10 AM   #16
Millermagic
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I had the Crown HD springs - they rode great and flexed great ... settled to stock ride height very shortly.

Unread 11-20-2012, 10:00 AM   #17
dickdale69

Am looking at replacing the leaf springs just wondering if anyone has heard of General Springs? are they a good spring for the price or a POS. http://www.generalspringkc.com/product_p/97-539.htm

TIA
dickdale69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #18
sAe23
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdale69 View Post
Am looking at replacing the leaf springs just wondering if anyone has heard of General Springs? are they a good spring for the price or a POS. http://www.generalspringkc.com/product_p/97-539.htm

TIA
Don't know about their quality, but, someone here has used one of their charts in a post before.

And for comparison, Quadratec has an "OEM" standard rate spring W/O bushings for $75 so you might be saving a few bucks with the General brand.
But most springs start at over $100, so I'd wonder about quality...
sAe23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2012, 05:51 PM   #19
LEO_WRANGLER

Reading this thread with great interest. I'm coming up on replacing my XJ's shocks, got a busted shackle on the left rear, plus the usual general sagging.

I was looking at those Standard Duty leafs on Quadratech. This thread has convinced me it might be better to get the HD leafs, or maybe the Dormans from Advance Auto. My Jeep is pretty much bone stock, and stays pretty much on pavement, but I want to get that sagging issue fixed.

I've swapped engines, but never leaf springs. How hard is the job? Are there any writeups here on the process?

Oh, and Shout out to kateean2 -- you're in my old home stomping grounds. Went to school down there at TSTI.

Thanks,
James
LEO_WRANGLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 06:03 AM   #20
JTM1
1988 XJ Cherokee 

XJ Drive, Call Quadratech and see what they tell you first, if they don't resolve your issue you can run longer shackles or lift blocks. How old are your shocks? If they are shot, it will cause your leaves to wear prematurely; my jeep leans to one corner because I destroyed a rear shock on a week long overland trip. Also, the shackle thing is a myth now.
JTM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #21
ROTTEN
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Leo_wrangler

PB blast the shackle bolts for a week or 2

Jack it up pull wheel
Have an extra jack handy
Cut off both u bolts. Usually the nuts won't break free
Use impact to hopefully zip out the shackle end bolts.
Use impact on fixed eye

Now if you have a hitch you might have trouble if the bolts won't come out. Just use a big punch or torch or something to get that bolt out. Cut the spring end in half in the center.

Once you get the assembly out put the new one in. You gotta use some force to get the bushings in. Use the other jack to raise and lower your axle to align the pack

New ubolts and button it up.

This is based on my experience. All my bolts came out easily. My shackles were frozen in place so that made it a little challenging

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.