Disc Brake Conversion Kit by G2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Disc Brake Conversion Kit by G2

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 06-25-2011, 12:52 PM   #1
Willemcuracao
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Disc Brake Conversion Kit by G2

Hi guys,

Im planning on installing the rear disc brake conversion kit by G2 on my cherokee, does anyone have experience with this kit?
please let me know,

Willem

94' XJ - Rough Country 3" Series II - Nitro 9000 Shocks - RC Steering Stabilizer - Flowmaster Super 40 With 2.5'' Piping & No Cat - Mickey Thompson Sidebiters 15 x 8 on 31 x 10.50 Good Year's - Black Steel Brushguard - KC Slimlite Series 100w - Curt Hitch - Rear Disc Brake Conversion by G2 -Bushwacker Flat Style Fender Flares - aFe Cold Air Intake
Willemcuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
RockRodHooligan
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Skip it, go to the junk yard and get the rear disc brakes off of a early generation Liberty. Early Grand Cherokee rear disks work really well with minor modifications. I spent about $60 in parts from the junk yard, and about $250 for new pads, parking brake shoes, rotors, and calipers.

Project: Silverback Ash to ash, dust to dust... Skin to bone, steel to rust... You will be missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
Cleanly done bob jobs are so cool.
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2011, 03:11 PM   #3
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

ZJ Grand Cherokee D35 and D44a disk brakes bolt on for an XJ D35.

Liberty 8.25 disk brakes are bolt on for an XJ 8.25.

Grand D35, and Ford Crown Vic disk brakes are easily adaptable to either the XJ D35 or the XJ 8.25.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.

CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2011, 06:22 PM   #4
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I've got the G2 kit. I was worried about the quality of it at first, but not after I got it. Stoptech braided lines, powerslot rotors, and bendix loaded calipers I believe. Great parts and they all installed and worked flawlessly. Didn't have to worry about ripping apart an axle in the junkyard or getting old used parts. It was worth the money in my book.
Unread 06-25-2011, 06:45 PM   #5
AZ Jeff
Web Wheeler
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorn View Post
I've got the G2 kit. I was worried about the quality of it at first, but not after I got it. Stoptech braided lines, powerslot rotors, and bendix loaded calipers I believe. Great parts and they all installed and worked flawlessly. Didn't have to worry about ripping apart an axle in the junkyard or getting old used parts. It was worth the money in my book.
When you need new rotors or pads, what do you tell the parts house for proper match for the new parts?
2000 XJ 3" lift -- Australian Ford Big Brakes up front, rock rails, ZJ rear discs (with WORKING parking brake), C4x4 rear bumper/tire carrier, Hella H4 headlights, IPF driving lights, OEM skid plates, OME springs/shocks, JKS LCA's, JKS Sway Bar links.
AZ Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2011, 07:16 PM   #6
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Your front axle has used brake parts on it.

Get the necessary parts at the junkyard, buy new hoses, rotors, loaded calipers, and you have brand new brakes for less cost than any kit.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.

CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2011, 09:43 AM   #7
Willemcuracao
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the info guys, but i live on an island in the caribbean so i wont be easy to find those parts....
I think im going to buy the kit, and also some new discs for the front
94' XJ - Rough Country 3" Series II - Nitro 9000 Shocks - RC Steering Stabilizer - Flowmaster Super 40 With 2.5'' Piping & No Cat - Mickey Thompson Sidebiters 15 x 8 on 31 x 10.50 Good Year's - Black Steel Brushguard - KC Slimlite Series 100w - Curt Hitch - Rear Disc Brake Conversion by G2 -Bushwacker Flat Style Fender Flares - aFe Cold Air Intake
Unread 06-27-2011, 09:56 AM   #8
mrblaine
Web Wheeler

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7-Tim View Post

The only difference that really matters between those parts is the center hole for the bearing is larger on the Liberty stuff and the Liberty stuff is the same part number at the 03-up TJ rear discs.
Unread 07-04-2011, 06:36 PM   #9
CrazyChuckster

Quote:

Grand D35, and Ford Crown Vic disk brakes are easily adaptable to either the XJ D35 or the XJ 8.25.
Tim, what year liberty can the brakes come from? I have an 8.25 in my XJ that I am looking to upgrade.
CrazyChuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2011, 03:03 PM   #10
altrocker1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

i think the kj style 8.25 is what you want 2002-2007
altrocker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 03:57 PM   #11
drjeep33
1994 XJ Cherokee 

G2 conversion kit 8.25 xj

Hi Willemcuracao,
I just received my rear disk conversion kit for my xj 8.25. Can you give me some info on the process and list the troubles you encountered. Do I have to remove my carrier?
Any info is appreciated.
Jeff
drjeep33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 05:28 PM   #12
dagr8tim

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Can you give me some more info on crown vic brakes? Any modifications necessary, do things like the brake lines and ebrake cable connect to Jeep without any issues?

8.8's with disks are more plentiful around here than d35's/d44a's with disks, and I have yet to see an 8.25 with disks.

97 XJ SE - DD/Light Trail Rig - The War Wagon
75 CJ5 with a badly chopped CJ7 Tub - Pandora
dagr8tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 05:56 PM   #13
RockRodHooligan
1996 XJ Cherokee 

IIRC the Crown Vic brakes are a better fit for the XJ/MJ 44/non c-clip 35. The KJ Liberty rear discs are a direct swap for the 8.25, and the ZJ discs are supposed to be a direct swap for the c-clip 35

Project: Silverback Ash to ash, dust to dust... Skin to bone, steel to rust... You will be missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
Cleanly done bob jobs are so cool.
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #14
cruiser54
Web Wheeler

1990 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagr8tim View Post
Can you give me some more info on crown vic brakes? Any modifications necessary, do things like the brake lines and ebrake cable connect to Jeep without any issues?

8.8's with disks are more plentiful around here than d35's/d44a's with disks, and I have yet to see an 8.25 with disks.
www.jeepin.com has a write-up.
cruiser54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 11:41 AM   #15
Willemcuracao
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Got the G2 kit installed and works great! Braking is a lot better now. only thing is i dont have a parking brake now, i need the cables to fit. where can i find those online so i can order them? cuz i live on this island so finding parts here sucks...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.