Different question... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Different question...

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and C

Unread 03-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #16
Pats94
2001 XJ Cherokee 

The gods have spoken....

Unread 03-30-2013, 02:32 PM   #17
Pats94
2001 XJ Cherokee 

If he doesn't have the chops to fix the body than what would ever give you the idea that the op would be able to safely cage it?

Easy way just junk it for parts and get one that doesn't need work.
Unread 03-30-2013, 02:36 PM   #18
Timo_90xj
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Location: Helsinki, Finland - on the European side of the Atlantic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pats94 View Post
The gods have spoken....
If the roof supporting pillars weren't dented/ crushed on the accident, your method of skinning in a replacement roof panel would work absolutely fine. But you just cannot pull the pillars straight and expect them to hold up to factory design specs the second time they get hit. They need to be fixed properly. A hack job isn't the same as properly fixing a vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pats94 View Post
If he doesn't have the chops to fix the body than what would ever give you the idea that the op would be able to safely cage it?
Was I saying the OP had the skills to do that? I was merely stating chopping & caging would be the smart thing to do if the OP absolutely wanted to keep the junked XJ - or to part out and/ or swap parts to a donor vehicle.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/d...s-etc-1222317/

1990 XJ Limited (4-door), 4.0 I6, AW4, NP242, ***rolled and totalled @ 165k miles***

***Under construction***
1990 XJ (4-door), 4.0 I6, AW4, NP242, PBR 42" tires, Unimog 404 portal axles, 110" WB, full cage + uniframe completely rebuilt, front 3-link + panhard / double triangulated 4-link rear,... ***SOLD***
Timo_90xj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.