Difference Between the XJLA Extreme Duty and the XJ Extreme Duty - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Difference Between the XJLA Extreme Duty and the XJ Extreme Duty

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 10-28-2003, 12:10 PM   #1
BrianXJ

Difference Between the XJLA Extreme Duty and the XJ Extreme Duty

Well, I know a good bit about mechanics and such, but I am a little lacking the suspension department. I do know a good bit, but I am interested in knowing what the difference between the RE XJLA Extreme Duty 5.5" lift and the XJ Extreme Duty 5.5" lift. I am looking for the most bang for my buck, but I also want it to be the best lift I can get. The lowest I have found it is for 1700, both at Rubicon Express and Crawltech, so I think I have found the lowest price, just need the information about it now.

At this point, I'm undecided considering I don't know exactly what I am comparing. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance - Brian

BrianXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2003, 12:18 PM   #2
Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Well, the main difference is of course the control arm setup. The LA kit uses long-arms, the regular kit uses standard length arms along with drop brackets. Check out the write-up on the 6200 kit on Jeepin.com. Also, the LA kit isn't out yet, so even if you wanted it, it'll be a while (read: probably 2004) before you could get it.
'00 TJ, SOLD, wife's, RE 4.5" long-arm, 35" MT/Rs, D30+OX, D44+ARB, 4.88s, full cage, winch, C4x4 & Jeeperman bumpers, etc, etc.

Jason, aka: Jeepin.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2003, 12:18 PM   #3
kontinu

I think the XJLA is the long arm kit. I think it has brackets that lower the control arms so everything is close to stock geometry. With the regular kit everything connect to stock spots on the unibody so the components are pointing downwards towards the axle. I'm not 100% on my answers but it sounds logical.
BPI bumper,hella black majics, hayden tranny cooler, air intake, classIII hidden hitch, basket roof rack, pioneer premier cd, jl12w6 sub, mtx amp, 4.5 lift, 32in bfg m/t on desert crawlers w/streetlock, RE SYE kit CV driveshaft, silverstars, sub floor
kontinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2003, 12:21 PM   #4
BrianXJ

Jason, I've read your site for NUMEROUS installation tips and ideas, truly a GREAT site! In your opinion, do you think you'd go LA or just go for the normal 5.5" lift?
BrianXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2003, 12:31 PM   #5
Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianXJ
Jason, I've read your site for NUMEROUS installation tips and ideas, truly a GREAT site! In your opinion, do you think you'd go LA or just go for the normal 5.5" lift?
Well, in the near future, there's no choice because the LA kit isn't out yet. So if you're looking to get something soon, the 6200 kit is your only choice of the two.

Long-term I personally have no real plans to upgrade to the LA kit. The regular 6200 kit is working so well I really don't have much motivation or reason to upgrade, other than it's the "latest craze" and we're RE dealers so it'd probably be good promo.

I do have to say though, that FullTraction's new 4-link long-arm kit for the XJ looks pretty slick. I don't like the fact that they use heims on the control arms, but other than that it looks pretty nice. Dirk's got the hook-up for that kit when it comes out, I haven't heard anything on pricing for it yet though.
'00 TJ, SOLD, wife's, RE 4.5" long-arm, 35" MT/Rs, D30+OX, D44+ARB, 4.88s, full cage, winch, C4x4 & Jeeperman bumpers, etc, etc.

Jason, aka: Jeepin.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2003, 01:04 PM   #6
covejeepsxj

All i can add to this thread is don't order from CRAWLTECH.COM. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH THEM THIS SUMMER. Don't waste your time and money just order from Jason at Jeepin.com or Jeff at adrenalineoffroad.com. Just trying to help a fellow XJ'er out, NICK
covejeepsxj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.