Didn't see it in the stock specs section... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Didn't see it in the stock specs section...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 01-14-2004, 08:27 AM   #1
wagnerdw

Didn't see it in the stock specs section...

Can anyone tell me what size tires came stock on 86 XJ's Mine is running 235/75/15's.

I found someone selling a set of rims/tires, they're running 215/75/15's. Will these wheels/tires adversely affect my performance? (not that I have alot of performance)

Thanks folks.....

[COLOR=darkslategray]89 Cherokee Larado [/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred]3" Lift, 30" tires, and a 4.0 What do you think I'm going to do with it?[/COLOR]
wagnerdw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2004, 08:33 AM   #2
wagnerdw

Um....Nm...I just looked, and I was off....these tires/wheels are EXACTLY the same size as mine....I don't know WHY I thought they were 235/75/15.....maybe I was looking at some other vehicle or something...I checked, they are all 215's not 235's....I feel stupid...or at least absentminded.

Thanks anyway folks.
[COLOR=darkslategray]89 Cherokee Larado [/COLOR] [COLOR=darkred]3" Lift, 30" tires, and a 4.0 What do you think I'm going to do with it?[/COLOR]
wagnerdw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2004, 08:33 AM   #3
MSHarnett
Broke Bogger

I thought stock was 225/75/15, but it may very well be 215. Between 215 and 235 really isn;t that much diffrent though, so you will hardley notice a diffrence. Mostly you will have better torque, but loose a little top speed. Nothing to much though.
Unread 01-14-2004, 12:33 PM   #4
Mikey B

You "should" be able to find the tire size on the manufacturer's placard. Its on the door or the door jam on the drivers side...

I've also seen them in the glove box, but I haven't looked at mine so I can't be sure

Mikey b
Hella 500's | Hella Micro FF | "Walmart light bar"
[B][I]
R.I.P.[/I][/B]
Mikey B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2004, 01:26 PM   #5
n1ywb

My glove-box tire pressure guide lists 195, 205, 215, and 225/75R15. Not sure what the factory size was. I ran 195's this summer, but I got 225 snow tires for the winter. This summer I'm probably getting 30"s or 31"s.
n1ywb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2004, 04:18 PM   #6
balloo93
Little Red Menace

1993 XJ Cherokee 

The wife's 2001 ran 225x75 r15's. Looking back at some older magazines, thinner tires were pretty common. Less tire means less rolling resistance which means better fuel economy.

You be safe going with the 215's, but those are a little to narrow for my taste.

Specs in Profile.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325707/1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2406854/1
balloo93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.