Did I get a good deal on this Cherokee? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Did I get a good deal on this Cherokee?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 05-09-2004, 12:38 PM   #1

Did I get a good deal on this Cherokee?

Hey everyone. I just bought my first jeep yesterday. It's a 1999 Classic with 98k. It's in excellent condition with glossy maroon paint and new tires on the factory charcoal alloy rims (Grizzley rims?) I paid $6250. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Rob

guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2004, 01:15 PM   #2
JimmyTwoTimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
Hey everyone. I just bought my first jeep yesterday. It's a 1999 Classic with 98k. It's in excellent condition with glossy maroon paint and new tires on the factory charcoal alloy rims (Grizzley rims?) I paid $6250. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Rob

Sounds about right. You'll know for sure if you check the body and body mounts (i.e., where the doors bolt in) to see if it's been damaged. Plus if you had a mechanic check it out and there was no major problems found, you got a good deal. I just paid $13,000 for a 2001 XJ with 45K on it. The dealer put brand new tires on it and the mechanic I brought it to found rotted rotors, so the dealer agreed to a full front brake job. I'm particular to paint too, so I had it checked at an auto body shop and there was no sign of accidents or repaint jobs.

Jimmy
Unread 05-09-2004, 04:48 PM   #3
cheapXJwheeler

Ehhh...decent price I would have bought something older and used the difference to buy cool stuff for it. Just a thought. Otherwise good buy and good luck with it.
cheapXJwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2004, 05:07 PM   #4
gonzo

sounds good if it's in good shape- i got my 99 in 2000 or 2001- can't remember, for like 16500....lol- but it had 23k on it- now it's got 74k and it's still worth that much to me.
i've changed fluids,replaced some brake parts,done one tune up,one wheel bearing,and some wipers prolly 'bout due for some new coolant. still feels new(but those are mostly highway/city miles)
gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.