diagnostic code 0182 fix - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > diagnostic code 0182 fix

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 06-23-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
slickster
1999 XJ Cherokee 

diagnostic code 0182 fix

gents, you have been a great resource, and i am hoping you can help me out with this issue. my check engine light is on, and it is throwing code 0182. anyone have an idea of the fix for this? i just want to see if it's possible for me to fix myself or if a seasoned mechanic is required. if a mechanic is required, will the fix be expensive or not a big deal? i was just informed by my state that i need to have emissions done very soon, and the jeep receives an automatic fail with a check engine light. my clock is ticking, thanks in advance everyone!

slickster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Are you sure of the code ? P0182 is not a valid code for a gasoline powered Cherokee.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 10:00 PM   #3
slickster
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7-Tim View Post
Are you sure of the code ? P0182 is not a valid code for a gasoline powered Cherokee.
tim,

i was trying to get it going so i could capture it in a pic, but now it will not throw any codes even though the check engine light remains on. i am sending it to the mechanic on thursday so hopefully he can put it together. thanks for your help though.
slickster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #4
CCKen
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

P0182 is CNG Temp Sensor Voltage Too Low - Compressed Natural Gas temperature sensor voltage below acceptable voltage.

If you have a CNG Jeep, there you have it. If not, I suggest you use a quality code reader, or scanner, that is preset for your Jeep (preliminary set-up of reader/scanner). I've seen the pukes at Advance Auto Parts and O'reilly just grab their code reader without setting it up and plug it into the vehicle sitting in the parking lot. Who knows what codes they are pulling up. There's been a few XJ owners post on the forums that they got a code that they can't find....this is probably why.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.