death wobble after budget booster lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > death wobble after budget booster lift

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 10-12-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
noslime
1997 XJ Cherokee 

death wobble after budget booster lift

hey Jeepers,
Im a newbie to the forum thing, but I do know a thing or two...
Anyway, I put a 3" bb on my cherokee- spacers in the front and shackles in the back WHICH SUCK!! Anyway, thats not why I am here. I had death wobble from hades and it took me a minute to figure it out. (that means a while but I guess I'll use English for the rest of the post) The first thing I did was replace the sway links because the only way I could get them off was to cut them off, and it was required to do so in the lift install. The next thing I tried was a new steering stabilizer. It looked wore out so I thought that it was causing problems. That didn't help. I then took it to get the front end aligned it needed to be done b/c now the toe was all out of sack. It seemed to grab the road better, but still death wobble laughed me in the face. I then was driving it to a family members house and had the windows down and I noticed that there was more road noise than normal. I took it to the Local Discount Tire and they said that one of the tires was way out of balance and they took both front wheels off and balanced them for free! I don't buy tires anywhere else and they are just as cheap as tire rack and don't have to hassle with taking them back and I have bought 5 sets of tires from Discount tire and have NEVER been disappointed. Anyway, that killed my death wobble! 150 miles wobble free. The tires are shot though and are cupping bad, but I am going to pick up a set of 31" at the first of the year. Hope this helps someone out!!!

Oh and by the way, my bb makes my jeep handle rough, would've saved my $ for a real lift kit.

noslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 11:25 PM   #2
MoparMech
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Remember anything loose can cause death wobble. Any steering or suspension parts, ball joints, tie rods, steering gear, track bar, wheel bearings, sway bar links, sway bar bushings, control arm bushings, shock absorbers, and yes tire balance, If the tires are cupping badly there is probably a problem with the front end.
MoparMech is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.