D35 popping around turns - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > D35 popping around turns

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 07-20-2011, 01:19 PM   #1
wheelin_the_XJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

D35 popping around turns

as the title says my d35 non c-clip is popping when i turn sharply. it is locked with a detroit locker and has 3.83 gears im also running 33 inch tires. just to let yall know. i was thinking it could be the axle shafts as it only does it when there is stress on the rear end like turning real sharp on the road. it doesnt do it offroad. if it is the axle shafts how do i replace them? and is there any upgraded ones i should try to get. and also is this a do it yourself job? thanks in advance

wheelin_the_XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2011, 02:00 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

If the locker is in proper working condition, clicking and popping should be considered "normal". Make sure to keep your tire pressures the same on the locked axle.

If you think the problem is caused by the axle shafts, you should inspect them for unusual wear or damage.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2011, 03:57 PM   #3
wheelin_the_XJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

how do you inspect the axle shafts? and the rear end is completely locked no give what so ever. im not sure if its suppose to be like that as i bought the jeep with the locker in the rear
wheelin_the_XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
Luke94XJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

I'd open it up to make sure that the thing wasn't just Lincoln locked.
Luke94XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2011, 05:31 PM   #5
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Use your Google-Fu and find the instructions for your locker. They will explain the installation and testing procedures.

If you have a local 4x4 shop, you should go see them first.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
axle , axle shaft , d35 , popping , shaft

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.