Crankshaft position sensor prices - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Crankshaft position sensor prices

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-12-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
pbjrock
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Crankshaft position sensor prices

Saturday night my 98' Cherokee(220,000mi) wouldn't start, got a po320 code, after surfing the forum, found all the signs of a bad Crankshaft. Sensor... Also found a bunch of horror stories about aftermarket sensors, so as my local Jeep Dealership's parts dept. is closed on Sunday- I priced around the aftermarket, and found the sensor at $88 bucks or so..
On Monday I called Jeep, I was expecting three digits: but the sensor was $75!! I couldn't believe it! The Mopar part was $13 cheaper than the crappy sensor at PepBoys!
I just threw it in and the jeeps running again.... I guess I'll be checking the dealer more often...

pbjrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
xjdantheman
1993 XJ Cherokee 

i work at a parts store and i have noticed that factory parts from the dealer are about the same or less then aftermarket.

i know people are scared of the dealer prices but thats only if they do the work.
xjdantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #3
csouers
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I got mine even cheaper from Kolak. It was around 65 IIRC. Mopar sensor as well. The only way to go really. Anything else is junk that won't last more than 3-4 years.

My Photography
csouers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
pbjrock
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csouers
I got mine even cheaper from Kolak. It was around 65 IIRC. Mopar sensor as well. The only way to go really. Anything else is junk that won't last more than 3-4 years.
So true! I learned my lesson with a Throttle position sensor I picked up at Advanced Auto for $55 in January... I'm on my 4th sensor! They come with a lifetime warranty, the best I've got was 3mo. on one of them.. I just change it right in the parking lot when it goes... Forget it I'm always going with the dealer for sensors from now on...
pbjrock is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.