Cranks - No Start (I have searched and tested) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Cranks - No Start (I have searched and tested)

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-21-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
jkl
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Cranks - No Start (I have searched and tested)

93 Cherokee 4.0 with 309,000 miles cranks but does not start. Can't hear the fuel pump run for the 3-5 seconds when key is on and no spark at coil. Replaced CPS and coil with Napa brand (figured it couldn't hurt with the mileage) and moved the fuel pump and ASD relays around. Fuel pump is good, runs when I jump the relay and gets pressure in the rail. IIRC the pin 7 orange wire at the ECM has like 9.75v and the wire at the coil has like 11.75v.

Have not tested resistance in the CPS cause I really don't know how to work the meter unless I'm testing voltage with it. It was my dad's and he has passed away so he can't really help me with it. I already know the steps to test once I figure out the meter.

Kinda stuck now so any input is appreciated and here is a pic of the meter if anyone can explain testing ohms on it to me.

'13 10th Anniversary Unlimited Rubi
'05 LJ on 35s
1 Ton XJ on 40s...went up in flames :(
1 Ton Scrambler Build Thread:"Project Taildragger"
...now parting out
jkl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cps , no spark , no start

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.