Couple of specific questions regarding transfer case swaps - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Couple of specific questions regarding transfer case swaps

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still Available

Unread 04-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
bennyboyraptor
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Couple of specific questions regarding transfer case swaps

hello how is it going, some of you may have seen my post about picking up 2 87 cherokees, one is a wagoneer with the 4.0 & a 5 speed along with an np231 and thew other is a 2.5 with a 5 speed and np207, my buddy took the wagoneer so I am stuck with the 2.5, plus side is he said I could have his np231 and even tranny if I wanted, i was thinking I would keep my tranny and just throw the np231 in, that is where my question arises, will it be a direct swap as far as linkage and mounting goes? I know I may need to pick up a yoke that matches the np231 but other than that will I run into any problems?? Thanks, have poured over the stock spec list as well as been searching, couldnt quiet answer my question though. thanks!

1986 toyota pickup, custom SAS with 85 front axle, alcan 5" springs, u bolt flip kit, marlin hi-steer kit, custom shock hoops, bilstein 5150 shocks, 5.29s front and rear, detroit locker in the rear, warn hubs in front, custom rear tube bumper, bud built belly up crossmember, 2" body lift, 35" BFG M/T's,
bennyboyraptor is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.