coolant temperature sensor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > coolant temperature sensor

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 02-26-2007, 08:24 PM   #1
scubaguy19

coolant temperature sensor

what does the coolant temperature sensor do, and what happens when one of these goes bad?? i'm working on a 90 4.0 cherokee 4x4, and i'm having intermitent starting problems, one day it'll start, the next day it wont, its weird i think it just likes me throwing money at it

[QUOTE=Centrax]There should be a warning label on the sun visor of those H2's "Warning, not intended for off road use." It's not even a REAL Humvee, it's just a Chevy Tahoe with fugly body panels.[/QUOTE]

thats hilarious
scubaguy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2007, 08:34 PM   #2
coppertop71

1990 XJ Cherokee 

In short the coolant sensor with work the fuel mixture until operating temp is reached.

weird starting problems like yours could be the Crank sensor going bad. I have a 90 and when mine would do the same thing I could disconnect the sensor, cycle the key to run then off and reconnect the sensor and it would start again.

Here is a link for a manual you wont find in the stores its show how to test all the sensors for the renix system.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billav...ion_manual.pdf
2006 Jeep Wrangler X, 4.0 4:11 gears

'90 Cherokee XJ,W/'91 4.0L reman/ 3.5" RE lift, W/31" M/S tires, 4:11 Gears W/Speedo gear change/ Aluminum Coolant Tank
A/C Conversion/Home Built Roof Rack/K&N Box Filter
Derale 15" Rigid Radiator Fan PT# DER-17415, through Summit W/2"X5/8X5/8"" spacer

Jeep Pic's
coppertop71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.