Coolant Spraying out from small leak - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Coolant Spraying out from small leak

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
weep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Coolant Spraying out from small leak

When I got home last night I noticed smoke/steam coming out from under the hood, and that sound of coolant splashing on the ground (same symptoms when the upper radiator hose had a hole in it). I could see where the coolant was spraying out , on the radiator just below where the hose connects on the passenger side near the battery. There are three tiny slits in the area on the side that looks like a black box. Any way to fix this aside from a new radiator? I'm no expert so excuse my lack of terms haha

weep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #2
the_weirdo
1998 XJ Cherokee 

If it is not the hose, you need a new radiator. I recommend an all-metal unit from DPG offroad or RadiatorBarn.com. Both should get you a much better radiator than stock for ~$230 shipped or less.
the_weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 02:29 PM   #3
weep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

It WAS the radiator so I just popped in a new one. Runnin good now. Thanks
weep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coolant , jeep , leak , radiator , spray

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.