Coolant leak!! Trying to sell Jeep, now this happens!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Coolant leak!! Trying to sell Jeep, now this happens!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
56Mercgal
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Coolant leak!! Trying to sell Jeep, now this happens!!

OK, I FINALLY got my 98' XJ back from a friend I lent it out to. He HAD to use it for his work as his 02' Liberty conked out due to a broken valve spring. He drove my Jeep for 3 months til he could get the Liberty running. I got my XJ back, drove a couple miles to my work this morning. I got out and noticed coolant leaking from the front passenger side area. It looks like it's coming from a box or where two plastic pieces meld together. I AM HOPING it's not the radiator! I have someone coming by to see it tomorrow as a potential buyer. It is bad enough it has a weak cylinder and check eng light is on, rough idle. But since I had had it, put 9000 miles on it and it still goes. HELP! What do U think it is??? I have it across the street at a shop, but just thought I would throw this out there! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

56Mercgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #2
zeaman
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Can you take a picture of what is leaking? If it is the black plastic housing that is on both ends of the radiator that your hoses thread into then it is cracked. A new radiator is cheap and you can do it yourself in about 3 hours max.
zeaman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.