Converting a 2 wheel drive to a 4 wheel drive - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Converting a 2 wheel drive to a 4 wheel drive

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 09-24-2009, 12:05 PM   #1
Greg_Towle

Converting a 2 wheel drive to a 4 wheel drive

I am trying to switch a 2X4 to a 4X4. I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a cut out in the floor for the 4 wheel drive lever. Also Wondering if anyone had suggestions for pulling the transfer case. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Greg_Towle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2009, 12:14 PM   #2
frankkl
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Get a 4x4. Yes there hole in floor and you will need some brackets for the lever. I hope you are working on a very nice 2x4 for a swap like that to be worth the time, money and effort.
frankkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2009, 05:36 PM   #3
blackcar87
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Iv'e been thinking about doin this swap for years. My 2wd is lifted 3 in.

"Do you know about Tyler Durden?"
blackcar87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2009, 07:13 PM   #4
XJMuscle98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

PM tock172, he's doing this aswell.

I'm sure he'd be willing to give you some assistance.

JeepForum.com - PM Tock172

"Approximately 80 percent of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources."
Ronald Reagan

My goal is to have 20 lights around my XJ.

Currently: 10
XJMuscle98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2009, 07:42 PM   #5
Rmart30

Do you have a complete parts donor or are you going to try and get it a piece here and there ?
If you have a matching donor vehicle go for it... If your trying a piece at a time from different years it could be a challenge.
Rmart30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.