coil spacers with out oem isolator - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > coil spacers with out oem isolator

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineArtec JK Under Armor Bellypan

Unread 02-23-2012, 08:42 AM   #1
asanelli

coil spacers with out oem isolator

is there anything wrong with NOT installing to the factory isolator to achieve the lift that i want.

Will there be any adverse symptom of doing this.

asanelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 08:55 AM   #2
bamstar6
2000 XJ Cherokee 

What are the spacers made out of?
Unread 02-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #3
asanelli

poly urathene
Unread 02-23-2012, 09:21 AM   #4
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

There should be no issues, unless you have a sharp end on the coils, or really cheap crappy spacers. Mine are fine after several years of use.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 09:21 AM   #5
Paradise XJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by asanelli View Post
is there anything wrong with NOT installing to the factory isolator to achieve the lift that i want.

Will there be any adverse symptom of doing this.
It could be a little "clunk"ier. Why do you not want them??
Paradise XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #6
asanelli

to achieve the desired lift that i am after
Unread 02-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #7
bamstar6
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I just got some 1" coil spacers and they measure 1.25 and the idolaters are .25 so these are supposed to go on without the isolators. But mine are cheapies I got off eBay for $30 after shipping. But I haven't put them in yet. I would think if they are polyurethane and not like hard plastic or metal, you should b fine. If I put mine on before you do I will let you know how they work out.
Unread 02-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #8
dhoge88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamstar6 View Post
I just got some 1" coil spacers and they measure 1.25 and the idolaters are .25 so these are supposed to go on without the isolators. But mine are cheapies I got off eBay for $30 after shipping. But I haven't put them in yet. I would think if they are polyurethane and not like hard plastic or metal, you should b fine. If I put mine on before you do I will let you know how they work out.
what is considered cheap because i priced up some RE 1.75" spacers for $35. good brand/cheap price. are they worth it since ill only have them for about a year and a half before i upgrade?
Unread 02-23-2012, 02:37 PM   #9
bamstar6
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoge88

what is considered cheap because i priced up some RE 1.75" spacers for $35. good brand/cheap price. are they worth it since ill only have them for about a year and a half before i upgrade?
Well I guess I just meant cause I got them off eBay. I haven't put them on cause I think I might need a drop pitman and track bar drop bracket once they go on cause they will put me at 6.5"

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.