coil rail mystery part - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > coil rail mystery part

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 03-10-2006, 07:49 PM   #1
bubbalooey

coil rail mystery part

Pulled the coil rail on my 01 cherokee 4.0L and a 1" polished metal sleeve or bushing fell off it. It's the right diameter to fit into spark plug boot. Anyone have any idea where it goes and/or what it does?

bubbalooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2006, 09:20 PM   #2
winks00XJ

More than likely it is a spacer for the rail so when you tighten it up you dont crush the plastic. I have had the coil rail off of mine a few times but never had one of those things come off. Hope this helps.
winks00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2006, 09:36 PM   #3
rob92xj
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Sounds like the sleeve for the coil or for the heater hose holder if you had moved it.
rob92xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2006, 08:29 AM   #4
bubbalooey

Got to believe you've solved it. I did move the hoses and I'll bet it fell off. Thanks a bunch!
bubbalooey is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.