coil pack install ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > coil pack install ?

Rubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at Oco

Unread 10-28-2008, 07:20 PM   #1
jshaab2
2000 TJ Wrangler 

coil pack install ?

hey guys if you noticed my other threads are about rough idle heat soak. misfire in cylinder #3 and i changed spark plugs and now i hear ticking noise. and idle is rough and i attempted everything. so i made up a few options. buy a new coil pack and just wing it or send it to jeep for a couple hundred?

now option one. if i buy the coil pack how are is it to install on a 2001 4.0 Cherokee second i have the 2 hoses and accelerator cable in the way. so any advice on install and removal. how bout the wire harness is that east to disconnect ?

Unread 10-28-2008, 07:55 PM   #2
red96jeep

you can get ignition kits that come with new wires, cap, and rotor for less then 100 and i think even one company sells it with a coil pack. i did it without the coil pack and it noticably helped my idle quite down and run cmoother all across
Rocky Mountain Edition Club member #4
project vehicle
new 2002 jetta 1.8t DD
red96jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2008, 08:35 PM   #3
filluptrk
Web Wheeler
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Which plugs did you use? Phil
filluptrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2008, 08:39 PM   #4
Mr_Random
1986 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by red96jeep View Post
you can get ignition kits that come with new wires, cap, and rotor for less then 100 and i think even one company sells it with a coil pack. i did it without the coil pack and it noticably helped my idle quite down and run cmoother all across
He's talking about the distributorless ignition system, no distributor (obviously, haha). Three coil packs and a cam sensor, yep...

Sorry I can't actually help! Just trying to clarify for someone else to help...
I live with in an hour of the coast so getting sea foam is easy, but isnt the salt bad for the fuel system??? and how about the people that live farther away can you just foam up water and sea salt ??? if so what kind of mix do I use ??? 1table spoon to a gal of water??? and then how do I "foam it up" mabe a little soap????
Jeepus buildicus:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/86-xj-w-mpi-budget-re-build-757079/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgorm View Post
Using pure N2 is a total waste of money considering you can get 78% nitrogen for free.
Mr_Random is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2008, 03:10 PM   #5
jshaab2
2000 TJ Wrangler 

thanks guys i was fed up so i just sent it over to jeep

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.