Codes P0443, P0545, P0700, P0705, P1491, P1694 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Codes P0443, P0545, P0700, P0705, P1491, P1694

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 07-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
4xsearcher
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Codes P0443, P0545, P0700, P0705, P1491, P1694

Hi, I'm new to the forum, but I've been searching it via Google for a couple of weeks, since buying a 1998 Cherokee Classic.

My Jeep had all of the above codes in the computer when I bought it, the air conditioning, backup lights, cooling fans and overdrive didn't work, and it had a rough idle/hesitation on startup. In searching the forum, I saw a couple of people recommend replacing the Number 10 fuse in the kick-panel fuse box for different problems. Trouble is, my owners manual said the Number 10 fuse slot is unused and the slot was empty.

After a quick Google Search for a diagram of the fuse panel, I found a site that said it is used and many of the relays it powers were ones associated with the check engine codes that were set.

Long story short, I put a 15-amp fuse in the number 10 slot and it fixed my air conditioner clutch problem, my cooling fans, my overdrive, my fuel evap system problem and my backup lights.

Thanks for the help! It saved me a bundle.

4xsearcher is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.