CO2 Tank Refill?????? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > CO2 Tank Refill??????

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 11-05-2004, 07:33 AM   #1
XJ99
Aviator Brew

2006 XK Commander 

CO2 Tank Refill??????

Does anyone know where you can get CO2 tanks refilled? I have a buddy that is getting a new CO2 tank and doesn't want to exchange it for a crappy old one.

Thanks!

Unread 11-05-2004, 07:39 AM   #2
RDWIII

You can get refills at most paintball shops. Check your phone book for one near you.
Bushwacker Cut-out Flares
Custom Roof Rack w/ 11 HF 5" lights
RDWIII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2004, 08:03 AM   #3
artsound

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ99
Does anyone know where you can get CO2 tanks refilled? I have a buddy that is getting a new CO2 tank and doesn't want to exchange it for a crappy old one.

Thanks!
co2 is used for beveridge carbonation so find a vender that supplies restaurants and bars with thier co2--also dry ice suppliers
1995 XJ ,2x4 / Rusty's intake w kn filter/ Home brew cold air box/99 intake/ 62mm bored out TB/ MSD wires/MSD 6a/MSD blaster coil/Clifford headers/2.5" mandrel bent downpipe/magnaflow hi-flow cat/2.5" mandrel bent catback w/dynomax super turbo muffler/ 3 core xtreme radiator/hi-flow water pump
HD rear springs and daystar budget boost
artsound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2004, 09:33 AM   #4
drwambo

Try welding supply shops.
drwambo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2004, 09:34 AM   #5
denverd0n

Also welding shops and fire extinguisher places can often refill a CO2 tank. As to refill versus exchange, any of the places mentioned MIGHT do a refill. You just have to call around and find one.
denverd0n is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2004, 09:45 AM   #6
MGrobe
Man In Black

1998 XJ Cherokee 

I get mine done at a local welding supply shop. They do it while I wait, whereas other places require me to leave it overnight. I don't want my nice Powertank disappearing overnight and the inconvienience of making the trip twice, so I get it done by the first shop. May take some calling around to find the right vendor. Not everyone charges the same price, so that might be a determining factor as well. Make sure they are specifying all the charges, including any inspection fees.
MGrobe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2004, 10:36 AM   #7
BeachinXJ
Resident McGeek

2000 XJ Cherokee 

A lot of hardware stores will have it also. Check for one that does propane / sells paintball stuff. They will usually have one. I know the Ace Hardware my uncle owns does that stuff.
Join the XJ Owners Club | Download the iMarn® iPhone App!
SIRA 4x4 Offroad Association
Rule #1 - No talking about the weather!
Homepage | Jeepspace Group|Twitter!|Facebook
BeachinXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2004, 10:45 AM   #8
XJ99
Aviator Brew

2006 XK Commander 

Thanks for all the input!
Unread 11-05-2004, 10:59 AM   #9
JFiorentino
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Does anyone have specific store names? I've tried calling the ones in the phone book and they don't do it. I live in Raleigh, but would be willing to drive 25 or 30 miles as needed.

Digger

"When approaching a four-way stop, the vehicle with the largest tires always has the right of way"

2004 TJ, Auto w/ OD, 4.0L, Off-Road 36x13.5 Super Swamper IROK's on MT Classic II Rims, SYE, CV Driveshaft, 4:56 Gears, ARB Locker, 3.5" RE Superflex, 2" Body Lift, JKS Quicker Disco's, 9,000# Winch, Toys-by-Troy step-sliders, The Source OBA. And lots more....
JFiorentino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.