Clutch issues. What did I do wrong? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Clutch issues. What did I do wrong?

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-04-2014, 08:06 PM   #1
MrJayDeeM
2002 WJ 

Clutch issues. What did I do wrong?

1999 Jeep Cherokee with ax-15, all stock with 247k. Drove just fine before I touched it. Clutch issues, what did I do wrong? I was toying around and crawled under the Jeep to the clutch slave cylinder. I got to it, undo two bolts and point the plunger towards the ground and start pumping while the reservoir cap was off. Did it 20 times and re install and I did make sure I put the plunger towards the fork indent. I hopped in, I had way too hard clutch pedal feel and nothing, no clutch. So i went under again, undo the slave cylinder and the starter hole to check to make sure both fork is on the pivots. Still nothing. What did I do wrong? It sounds like the fork is not connected to the throw out bearing.... Do I have to take the tranny out to fix the issue?

Quality Auto Paint & Body, Inc.
MrJayDeeM is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.