Clunking Noise *video* - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Clunking Noise *video*

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-18-2009, 09:50 AM   #1
S-FLY

Clunking Noise *video*

My XJ seems to have developed a problem when letting go of the brakes from a complete stop. It clunks/jerks. Seems to happen only when the brakes are applied to slow down moderate to high pressure when pushing on the peddle. When I slow down slowly, it doesn't happen. Noise seems to be coming from the rear. Also, when going at a decent speed, when letting off the gas I also get and feel a clunk. Maybe it's related?

I took the rear drums off and everything appeared normal. I did however notice some play in the drive shaft from the transfer case all the way to the rear wheels. The clunk/jerk doesn't seem to happen if I pop it into 4 high then stop.

Anyone ever run into this problem? Here's a video we took of the play from the axle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBzN_c6J-FQ

S-FLY is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.