Climate control settings '99 XJ SPORT 4.0 4X4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Climate control settings '99 XJ SPORT 4.0 4X4

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 01-24-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
cher0kee
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Climate control settings '99 XJ SPORT 4.0 4X4

1999 JEEP CHEROKEE XJ SPORT 4.0 4X4

I have a very simple (hopefully) question. I no longer have my owners manual. I am wondering if anyone can advise if I can use all of the available settings for the climate control? Meaning if I would like to use heat can I use the setting that shows dash and floor but has the air conditioning symbol, or is this only for when the a/c is selected? I currently use only the selections that do not have the a/c symbol- so either floor, dash, defrost or defrost/floor. I haven't been able to word this right so searches haven't been sufficient. I really appreciate the responses and thank you for taking the time to do so!

pic.jpg  
cher0kee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
Jakobi
2000 XJ Cherokee 

As I understand it, yes. It's no different than using the defroster settings (which intermittently runs the A/C to dry out the air).

-Jake
Unread 01-25-2013, 07:21 AM   #3
CCKen
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I use that setting for heat, but my AC has been inop for 4 years because of a leaky evaporator, so I don't think about it. Just know that if your AC is fully functional that when you make this selection you are requesting AC and the PCM will respond by engaging your AC compressor. The Heat Selector, on the right (blend door actuator selector) will have to be to just about all the way over to the hot side to get the warmest heat from your HVAC.

If you want to deactivate your AC for the winter, you can detach the connector from the Low Pressure Cycling Switch on top of the AC Accumulator. If you have defog problems you'll have to hook it back up however.

Man who stands in front of Jeep gets tired. Man who stands behind Jeep gets exhausted.
CCKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 08:55 AM   #4
AZ Jeff
Web Wheeler
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cher0kee View Post
1999 JEEP CHEROKEE XJ SPORT 4.0 4X4

I have a very simple (hopefully) question. I no longer have my owners manual. I am wondering if anyone can advise if I can use all of the available settings for the climate control? Meaning if I would like to use heat can I use the setting that shows dash and floor but has the air conditioning symbol, or is this only for when the a/c is selected? I currently use only the selections that do not have the a/c symbol- so either floor, dash, defrost or defrost/floor. I haven't been able to word this right so searches haven't been sufficient. I really appreciate the responses and thank you for taking the time to do so!
Here are the functions starting from the very leftmost position:
"OFF"--self explanatory. No air from any vents
"MAX AC"--airconditioned air (compressor on) from dash vents only. Air is recirculated in cabln, with no outside fresh air introduced.
"AC"--same as "MAX AC", but fresh air from outside is introduced.
"Bi-Level"--Same as "AC", but air comes out on both dash vents and floor vents.
"Vent"--outside air is introduced. No compressor operation. Air comes out dash vents only.
"HEAT"--air comes out floor vents only. No compressor operation. Outside air introduced.
"HEAT/DEFROST"--air comes out both floor vents and on defroster vents. Compressor operates as needed to dehumidify. Outside air introduced.
"DEFROST"--air comes out defroster vents only. Compressor operates as needed to dehumidify. Outside air introduced.
2014 JK -- the project is just starting!
AZ Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #5
cher0kee
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Thank you!

Thank you for the responses! I appreciate them very much!
cher0kee is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.