Cherokee Power Window Issue (Not the window lock problem) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Cherokee Power Window Issue (Not the window lock problem)

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 07-19-2011, 09:39 AM   #1
Old99Cherokee
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Cherokee Power Window Issue (Not the window lock problem)

I have a 99 Cherokee 4dr with power locks and windows. The other day, I rolled down the front two windows from the master window switch, drove somewhere, and since then have been unable to roll them up using the switches. As the title suggests, none of the panels work with their respective windows, and I have already performed the window lock jumper repair in the past. This is a different issue. I have checked fuses 15(power locks) and 18(power windows) and both are good. I have checked the window motors and since then rolled my windows up by running wire from the battery directly to the power terminals for the motor.

So far I believe it is a wiring harness issue because the little led's that are in each of the switches for windows, locks and power mirrors are flickering and occasionally going dark for 1 to 2 seconds. If i try using the switches, all of the led's go out while the switch is depressed. The power locks are still working normal.

Does anyone have a pinout of the two connectors going to the master switch board? Any other insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old99Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2011, 03:40 PM   #2
Old99Cherokee
1999 XJ Cherokee 

For anyone who is interested,

I found the issue to not be related to any of the switch boards. The problem was the yellow and tan wires had bad connectivity. This was due to two corroded contacts at the junction block on the driver side kick panel. The junction block in question had 3 wires in it and two of them were corroded to failure.
Old99Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2011, 02:19 AM   #3
richyrich514
1999 XJ Cherokee 

good to know... i have a similar connection problem aswell from the driver side panel i believe.. sometimes when i try to bring down to passenger side window it wont go down unless i go from open close open close repeatedly from the driver side panel ... it will never happen trying to bring the window up though..
richyrich514 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2011, 04:37 PM   #4
pharunk
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I am having a similar problem with my from passenger door and window and could use some help. I have had this jeep for 4 years and decided today to do the window jumper trick. When that didn't work, I opened up the passenger door and noticed the wire connector down bottom, for the motor, was disconnected. I connected it, hit the key and the window went up and down from both the passenger and river switches. All fixed, right?

I put the door panel back on, started the car, pushed the button to lower the window and it went a little slow, but it went all the way down. Push the button to go up and nothing. Now the window is stuck in the down position. So, I open up the door panel again, fight with the connector, disconnect, reconnect, and the window goes up.

Figuring it was disconnected for a reason, I disconnect again and leave it.

Anyone with an idea of what the problem is here? Is the motor burning out, hence not able to function as designed? What else can I look at?
pharunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
cherokee , diagram , leds , power windows , wiring harness

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.