Check engine light and "No Bus" on tripometer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Check engine light and "No Bus" on tripometer

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 06-16-2010, 12:53 PM   #1
Mikej1224
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Check engine light and "No Bus" on tripometer

I had been driving for about 5 minutes yesterday, and then the check engine light came on, and on the tripometer it said "no Bus". after 10-15 seconds both the check engine light and "no Bus" message went away. i experienced no other problems with the car during or after that time. i was wondering if there is any thing i should be concerned about because of this. it is a 1999 XJ 4.0L. thank you.

Mikej1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2010, 01:20 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

This is a common issue on 97-01 Cherokees. It is a problem with the connections at the back of the instrument cluster. There is no other problems with the Jeep. It often goes away by itself, if not you can whack the top of the dash with your hand.

Here is the real fix, remove the cluster and clean the connections. The Wrangler is similar to the Cherokee - Fix your TJ's dead gauges (write-up) - JeepForum.com

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2010, 01:42 PM   #3
Mikej1224
1999 XJ Cherokee 

thanks Tim, that is most likely the issue. if it becomes a persistent problem, then i will take a look at the connections.
Mikej1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2010, 01:54 PM   #4
franknstn_cj5
2006 LJ Wrangler 

search search search
franknstn_cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.