check engine light - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > check engine light

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 05-09-2012, 07:47 PM   #1
GenPatTuck
1996 XJ Cherokee 

check engine light

Got a 96 xj and my check engine light went on. I took it to Autozone and they told me it has to do with the wiring in the exhaust either before and/or after the cat. I crawled under there and checked the wires for any cracks or loose connections, but didnt find any.
I know autozone has given me the right info, but I dont want to spend $60 on either of those when I can get one from the jy or should I go buy the new one?
And how do I know which one to get?

GenPatTuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #2
chiefbill1959
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Your talking about O2 sensors. You don't replace those with used sensors. And get good quality sensors. You get what you pay for and when your fuel mileage goes down the crapper you will be glad you got the good stuff.

Tags
cat , cat back , check engine light , exhaust

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.